Every Day Italian

I knew that looking back and all the times I had cried would one day make me laugh. What I didn't realize, was that looking back on all the times I laughed would one day make me cry.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Home

I know, I have a lot of blogging to catch up on. So, let me start at the beginning.
I spent two weekends in MS at my parents house. The first weekend was a trip to spend some quality time with the family, hang out with the sisters, unwind from a long week at work. Nothing like food and a chick-flick for quality girl time. Megan (on far right) after much deliberation, decided to chop off 10 inches of her hair and donate it it Locks of Love. For those that don't know about this organization, they use the hair for hair-pieces for children suffering from medical hair loss.

This is a picture I took after the first section was cut. I think Megan got a bit unsure about it as she stared at the pile of hair in her hands. I think by the end she realized that she still had plenty of hair left, and she lost about 5 pounds with just a hair cut, not to mention a great cause.
It was a successful bonding weekend with the sisters, and the cutest lil man ever. Meet Gavin, the hardest sleeper in the world. I held him and played with him and he slept through the entire thing.
The second trip home was a very brief visit and was for the graduation of my youngest sister. With only 15 graduates total, it made for a relatively short ceremony. If it had been any longer my stomach might have starting feeding on my internal organs. Fortunately, I don't think my growling stomach drowned out any of the names being called.
Let me leave you with two final pictures from this trip home.
The first is Woo and Sadie, the other is Sadie and I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home