Every Day Italian

I knew that looking back and all the times I had cried would one day make me laugh. What I didn't realize, was that looking back on all the times I laughed would one day make me cry.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Old Letters

While I was at home I decided to go through a chest of old memories. It's contents mainly old photographs and drawings. Within this chest was a much smaller box that I had gone through great lengths to tape and package as to ward off unwanted onlookers.
The box was metallic green, no bigger than a "bread box", and tape on all edges plus some. Very intriguing....I knew the context of the box, but not the contents. It was a "cry box" from years ago. Curiosity got the best of me. I flipped through numerous envelopes not bothering to take the time to look inside. Whatever happened to good old-fashion letter writing? I don't know if I replied, or even if my responses were saved, but it was still a very interesting journey to flip through these hand written notes.
In this box were also what I call "letters I'll never send'. It seems that I've always done this....when you have so much to say, but nothing that ever needs to be said outloud, just write it down. Get it all out. Once the burden has been unloaded, you decide what happens. Save it? Burn it? Rip it into thousand of little pieces. Amazing stress relief.
What is the point, is there one?
Good, old-fashion, snail mail is good and usually a welcomed surprise.
Letters that you will never send, don't hurt people's feelings and provide great stress release.

2 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Sher said...

I need to go to the mall tonight to get make-up. Do you want to come with???

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Sher said...

Geisha came out on DVD today. We should totally rent that tonight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home