Every Day Italian

I knew that looking back and all the times I had cried would one day make me laugh. What I didn't realize, was that looking back on all the times I laughed would one day make me cry.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Open Ceremonies

I've never been one of those people that gets real involved with the Olympics. I'll make a point to tune in occasionally to watch the year's new outstanding athlete. Well, this year has started out a bit different, considering my Olympic-crazed roommate. Last night I sat down to watch the opening ceremonies, which I found to be quite interesting and absolutely beautiful.
After the fist 20, of what seemed like 400 million countries walking in for the parade of Nations,I start to doze. I am awakened by the strangest comment by one of the announcers. To be sure I heard this correctly, I replayed the segment (thanks to tiVo). So, there begins by list of comments and observations while watching the ceremonies.

Very confused on the music selection for the presentations of countries...the cheesiest American 80's music. Selections such as Sweet Dreams by Annie Lennox, I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor (a personal favorite), Video Killed the Radio Star by the Buggles. If you are going to go 80's put in some Styx, Guns N' Roses, Bangles, Def Leppard, Duran Duran, Journey...I think the song selection could have used a bit of work, but it was very entertaining nonetheless.


  • Poor Girl. (long pause) She got hit with the ugly stick a few too many times.
-Sheri

  • Background: The announcers are watching France parade in Olympic stadium. They are commenting on France's rising star athlete. Announcer: You know, he also dated Ms. France. Flash to another (not very attractive) athlete. Announcer: Uhh..That's not her.

  • Announcer (talking about Georg Hackl): Ya gotta love the nickname "the Speeding White Sausage." I bet he gets picked on.

  • Germany....Looks good to me. -Sheri
  • Italy.......Looks good to me. -Sheri
  • Albania....Looks really good to me. -Sheri


Sheri's new fascination with Bode Miller lead to a t-shirt idea.... BODE-licious for the t-shirt design, check out her site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home