Every Day Italian

I knew that looking back and all the times I had cried would one day make me laugh. What I didn't realize, was that looking back on all the times I laughed would one day make me cry.

Monday, August 22, 2005

On most days I can do a fairly good job at maintaining the "happy face" that most people see. Today, wasn't one of those days. Frustration took over, I found myself unable to smile. It was a great lesson in self control not to throw myself on the ground, kicking and screaming, two-year-old-style. Some people have called me a drama queen, and I don't deny this, I have my moments. And there might have been a time, in the not-so-distant past when I would have handled this in a manner much resembling a tantrum. Thank God times have changed.


Last Week
Tuesday night a group of us from church headed to a Fort Worth Cats game.





Wednesday, Sheri and I paid a visit to the Movie Tavern. We watched Dukes of Hazzard.

Friday night was another movie night. We watched the new war movie The Great Raid, which was a decent flick. I'm not a huge fan of war films, but I enjoyed it.


Saturday night we had a small bachelorette party for a co-worker. We headed downtown to Pete's Piano Bar. I really enjoyed Pete's the first two times I've been. But it is starting to lose its thrill. I need a break. NO MORE PETE'S. Give me two months and I see if anyone out there would care to join me for group karaoke.





It wasn't an overly exciting weekend, but that is fine by me. I can do low key.
At least until Puerto Rico, just a few more days.

1 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the bachelorette photo where one of the girls is in FULL sorority pose. The best way to spot the soroity pose is to look for the girl with her hands on bent knees, hair in perfect place, and a nice white toothy smile. As a yearbook nerd, we laughed and mocked those photos.....mostly because we weren't in them.

I love those photos at the cats game. That guy in the purple shirt is hot. Too bad he's taken. I do like how Kim is the only serious one in the photo.

Did your picture of the FW skyline come out?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home